just returned from the NGS conference in Las Vegas and, oh, what a week! I met new friends, heard speeches by renowned genealogists, bought numerous books and CDs and enjoyed the Las Vegas sunshine and glitz. In the upcoming weeks I will be sharing with you some of the knowledge I have gained.
Tonight I am simply going to list some of the genealogical publications I purchased at the NGS booth:
First, I was able to obtain a copy of the fresh-off-the press Mastering Genealogical Proof by Thomas W. Jones (http://www.ngsgenealogy.org/cs/mastering_genealogical_proof). I understand that this book will become a bible for genealogists everywhere.
Some of the other items I snagged were:
- Creating a Winning Family History by Carmen J. Finley
- Genealogy and Genetics, A Theme Issue of the National Genealogical Society Quarterly, vol. 93, no. 4, December 2005.
- Understanding and Using Baptismal Records by John T. Humphrey
In addition, I bought four books from the NGS Research in the States Series (http://www.ngsgenealogy.org/cs/research_in_the_states):
- Maryland by Patricia O’Brien Shawker
- Michigan by Shirley M. DeBoer
- New York City, Long Island and Westchester County by Laura Murphy DeGrazia
- Tennessee by Gale Williams Bamman, revised and updated by Charles A. Sherrill
Now, I need a vacation to read all these books.
Dover Publications, Inc., Mineola, New York, 1200 Ornamental Letters, Electronic Clip Art, 2007.