ecently I received my Genealogy Search Tip of the Day—Almost Every Day (http://genealogysearchtip.blogspot.com/) from Michael John Neill. The tip was to search Google’s patent search (http://patents.google.com) if you have ancestor who received a patent for an invention. (1)
My husband’s great grandfather, Arthur Leonard HALEY, was an inventor of many items including the Wall Seat Wall Bed. Here is a screen shot of what it looked like.
In addition, there is some biographical information on Arthur Haley:
This screen shot shows what appears to be Arthur Haley’s signature. Notice how neatly he printed.
There were more inventions too, such as the Combined Standing Rocker and Morris Chair:
Thank you, Michael, for the great tip!
Dover Publications, Inc., Mineola, New York, Electronic Clip Art, 1200 Ornamental Letters, 2007.
Dover Publications, Inc., Mineola, New York, Electronic Clip Art, 1268 Old-Time Cuts and Ornaments, 2006.
(1) Neil, Michael John, “US Patent Office Patents at Google,” Search Tip of the Day—Almost Every Day, May 24, 2013 (http://genealogysearchtip.blogspot.com/2013/05/us-patent-office-patents-at-google.html).
(2) Arthur L. Haley, Wall Seat Wall Bed, Patent No. 956,340 (April 26, 1910), Google Patents (http://www.google.com/patents/US956340: accessed May 26, 2013), original source United States Patent and Trademark Office.
(3) Ibid., Arthur L. Haley, Patent No. 956,340.
(4) Ibid., Arthur L. Haley, Patent No. 956,340.
(5) Arthur L. Haley, Combined Standing Rocker and Morris Chair, Patent No. 927,234 (July 6, 1909), Google Patents (http://www.google.com/patents/US927234: accessed May 26, 2013), original source United States Patent and Trademark Office.